Friday 12 February 2016

Review: Fake Bake | Skin D-Luxe Dream Skin Cleansing Melt | Beauty At Home


A few months ago I attended the launch of Fake Bake's Beauty at Home range, which was full of new make up, body and skin care products. Subsequent to the event, I reviewed a body scrub from the new line which I adored. This is the next product that I trialed and unfortunately it hasn't won me over like the scrub did.

The Skin D-Luxe Dream Skin Cleansing Melt* (longest name ever) lives at my boyfriends house as my cleanser to use when I stay over. The three main (and only) ingredients listed in this product are Tamanu Oil to heal scarring and promote new tissue growth, Moring Seed Oil to nourish and moisturise and finally Palmitoyl Tripeptide 38 to stimulate cell renewal. It makes me wary that the other ingredients aren't listed as I am sure there must be a high content of mineral oil, purely because the feeling left on my skin is not at all pleasant. It feels very heavy and cloying rather than soft and moisturised, almost like a film has been left on your face that can't be removed with a wash cloth. For comparison, the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm has Moringa Seed Oil in also and this does not leave me with this feeling at all.

The balm does melt into an oil quite easily, but it isn't silky smooth like others I've tried, both budget and high end. By applying to dry skin and then adding warm water, you turn it into more of a milk. This also is not very effect at removing make up, particularly round the eyes, even after double cleansing. 

The only positive I can really say about the cleansing balm is its smell and packaging, but unfortunately it fell short in many areas. For the price, I think it is really disappointing and you can get much better balms for much cheaper, for example The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm (read my review here).

This may be better suited for drier skins, but overall I would not recommend it. The body range though is wonderful, so it would be worth checking that out instead.

Have you tried any products from Fake Bake Beauty at Home?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs