Saturday 3 January 2015

My Beauty Resolutions for 2015

Pinterest
After spending New Year's Day writing about my general wishes for 2015, I thought it would be a good idea to note down some beauty goals for myself as well seeing as this blog is predominately beauty based. There are a few bad habits I need to break as well as some fun goals that I would like to achieve. Hopefully buy putting them out there for you all to read, it will give me some extra motivation to achieve them.

1. Drink more water: Quite a simple goal, but something I am absolutely terrible at! Normally most of my water intake is with meals but in between I am awful at drinking anything. I enjoy herbal teas so will try and drink more of those and am planning to use my water bottles that are gathering dust at the back of a kitchen cupboard.

2. Wash my make up brushes more often: Something I am very lazy with. I do spot clean them regularly but deep cleans take a lot more time and then I hate having to wait for them to dry. Hopefully Sundays will become my new deep cleaning brush days as there is nothing better than clean brushes and I think they apply make up so much better.

3. Invest in products: There are loads of great brands available on the high street, but in 2015 I want to discover some of my holy grail products, particularly in skin care. There are loads of higher end brands which I have lusted after and put off purchasing but I think it is worth investing in one amazing product rather than lots of mediocre ones. Skin care brands that I want to explore more are Rodial, Caudalie and Sarah Chapman and for make up brands I'm thinking of Dior, Laura Mercier and Chanel.

4. Be kind to my hair: I'm normally pretty good at looking after my hair with various products, but again I want to invest in some more natural products rather than those stuffed with silicones and sulfates. I want to use more oils and also try and get more regular trims to keep it in good condition, as normally I leave it months and months to get my colour re-done and even trim my hair!

5. Try some beauty DIYs: There are a whole host of pins on my 'Beauty' Pinterest board that are waiting to be used and following on with my natural theme I think this year would be a good time to give some a go. A few things that I would like to try are a DIY body scrub, hair mask and face masks.

What are your beauty resolutions? xxx

10 comments:

  1. I gotta drink more water too and take care of my hair. 2014 was a year if messy top buns and i didn't use treatment all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will need to start tying up my hair more often in order to use less heat xx

      Delete
  2. One of my resolutions is to definitely drink more water, I'm so bad when it comes to that! These are some great resolutions good luck with sticking to them :)

    Catherine xxx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions! Especially the DIY one - I made a lip scrub once, but haven't attempted anything else since! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'll have to let me know how it turned out xx

      Delete
  4. Such a relatable blog post! Especially "Wash my make-up brushes more often" I am terrible for that! Such a beautiful blog my dear :) If you get a chance and can check out mine as well I would really appreciate it! It's http://www.blonde-intentions.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment, thank you so much. Of course I will have a look at yours xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals - I really need to start washing my brushes more as well, I'm so bad!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've already broken the brush washing rule though, doh! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs