Saturday 24 May 2014

NOTD: Essie | 'Bikini So Teeny' & Models Own | 'Sunset Chillout'

A close up picture of a nail swatch holding a bottle of Essie Bikini So Teeny
Close up of Essie Bikini so Teeny nail varnish bottle and Models Own Sunset Chill out nail varnish bottle

A NOTD post hasn't made an appearance for such a long time which is silly because I change my nail varnish pretty much every week! This particular combination I've never tried before but I quite like the effect. 

The base colour is Essie's Bikini So Teeny which was from their summer range last year that I rushed out to purchase as soon as it was released. It is supposed to be a bright cornflour blue with a very slight amount of shimmer running through it. I find if you apply more than two coats of this however, the polish takes on a darker and more grey element, which is what happened this time around. This bottle also features the newer brush which is larger than the original, making application a breeze. In terms of chip wear I would say this polish lasted around 3 days, but bearing in mind this has a glitter topcoat which reinforces base shades I don't think that is the best. 

This Model's Own glitter is one of my favourites - I've said it once but I'll say it again, they hands down do the BEST glitters!! The Hed Kandi range in particular is awesome and this mixture of shapes and colours of  this glitter just works so well with loads of different polishes and is a great choice for summer.

Do you have any favourites by Essie or Model's Own? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs