Sunday 16 March 2014

Review: EcoTools | Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set |

A picture of the 6 Eco Tool Bamboo Brush Set

It was actually completely random that I picked up this brush set - I was going down to Exeter and had forgot to pack certain brushes so picked up this set at Waterloo station. EcoTools had been on my radar before this purchase but surprisingly I'm really stingy at buying new make up brushes so had put off delving into the brand. 

There are five brushes included in this set, all with a different purpose so it was a really nice place to start when trialing this brand. They are all super soft, feature taklon bristles and are cruelty free. The long bamboo handles make controlling these brushes easy and the matching ferrules are made from recyled aluminium. I also love that they come in a super cute cotton and hemp carry case.

Blush Brush: I find this brush a bit big for blusher (I have a small head haha) but I've really enjoyed using it as a bronzer brush instead. I'm not sure whether it is down to the cut or density of the bristles of this brush but I find that it gives just a wash of colour no matter how pigmented your powder is which is great for those who are more heavy handed. It also makes for really easy blending too. As the size of the brush is not too large its been great for popping in my small make up bag for my hand bag to use for powder touch ups. This is definitely my favourite brush in the set.

Eye Shadow Brush: This has thick close cut bristles which makes it easy to pack on colour over the whole lid. I find it quite similar to the brush you get in the Urban Decay Naked palette in shape but I wish it was a little denser. 

Angled Eyeliner Brush: You can use this for your eyeliner or filling in your brows but my favourite use is the former. This brush is super thin and angled so makes drawing a thin line of gel eyeliner or eyeshadow really easy. It is the best eyeliner brush I've tried so far and am really pleased with it.

Lash & Brow Groomer: This is my least used piece in the set as I find the lash part actually makes my lashes more clumpy and the brow groomer is a bit stiff for me. I want to persevere with this though and get it to work for me.

Concealer Brush: I wasn't expecting it to be but this brush is actually my second favourite from the set. I'm normally faithful to the Real Techniques Crease Brush for that job but this blends in under eye concealer really well without shifting it around your face and also make it easy to layer up concealer on your face. 

I'm pleased to say that this brush set pleasantly surprised me and I get use out of nearly all these brushes on a daily basis, making it very cost effective. It's also nice to know that by using this brand I'm not damaging the environment and they are also pretty on my dressing table.

Have you tried any brushes from EcoTools? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs