Thursday 30 January 2014

Monthly Favourites | January 2014 |


Hello! As it's the end of January (already...!) it's time for the first installment of monthly favourites for the year. This month features a lot of make up, mostly lip-centric with a little bit of skin care thrown in for good measure. If you are more of a listener than a reader, I've included a video that I filmed to accompany this post too.

1. Revlon Lip Butter in 'Pink Lemonade': I'm a massive fan of the lip butter range and this shade is one of my top shades. A soft peachy pink, its easy to slick on and go and pairs perfectly with natural make up looks or to soften a smokey eye. I also find the formula nice and nourishing which is great for this time of year.

2. Topshop Lipstick in 'Idol': A while ago now I did a post on my Topshop lipstick collection, which now I have bought quite a few more I'm looking to update in the near future. This lipstick featured in it and it is still one of my favourite pinks. It's a bright, Barbie-esque pink which I've been wearing as a pop of colour with pared down make up.

3. Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in 'Brink Pink': This has been posted on really recently, so for an in depth review click here. As you can tell I'm well and truly in a pink phase at the moment, with this lip cream being the brightest and most statement lip out of the 3. 

4. Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm: The last of the lip products, this is an absolute must have for the colder weather. I like to use it before bed as it leaves a slight layer on your lips. It is so nourishing and smells delicious and works really well when used in conjunction with a lip scrub.

5. Benefit 'Million $ Mocha' Eyeshadow: A beautiful shimmery brown shade with pink undertones, I've been using this all over the lid for a really simple day time appropriate smokey eye. The formula is really buttery and easy to blend with no fall out at all. 

6. Estee Lauder Double Wear & Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: This duo is a perfect pairing in my opinion! With this brush you only need a tiny amount of the foundation and when buffed in properly it leaves a lovely natural, airbrushed finish. Double Wear doesn't have to be cakey! I also have a full review on this foundation.

7. Estee Lauder Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher: After receiving this for Christmas I've used this every day as my morning serum. I think its best suited for the day as it is so light weight, and as it melts into skin immediately it leaves a super smooth base, perfect for make up. The pump bottle is also a nice addition as it gives just enough for your whole face without being messy.

8. Clarins Lotus Oil: A whole post has been dedicated to how much I love this oil already! If you have oily/combo skin I urge you to try this as it has really changed my skin for the better. It is a really light oil which won't clog your pores or break you out, while still hydrating your skin really well.


What are your favourites for this month? xxx

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try out Estee Lauder double wear! How is the shade range do you know? (:

    Ellis xo
    ELRBX / beauty & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its pretty good, on the lighter half of the spectrum anyway. Deffo get a sample! xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I want to try so many of these things. Must. Resist.
    x


    www.alicatlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs