Wednesday 8 January 2014

Haircare Review: Macadamia | Deep Repair Masque |


I can't believe that it has taken me this long to write up a review on this pot of joy as I've had it for around a year and was coveting it long before then too. When I first discovered the world of blogging, Macadamia hair products were one of the most talked about products that I fancied giving a go. I've managed to try quite a few of the range now (such as the healing oil spray) because luckily Matt's Mum is a hairdresser and stocks the whole range so is able to to give me trade prices or gives them as gifts.

I received the 250ml tub of the Deep Repair Masque for my 21st birthday last January from Matt after pointing it out to him in TK Maxx and was really happy that he took the hint haha. You can see how much is left after a year of use which shows the Macadamia range is really great value for money. The pot is kind of annoying when in the shower as it can fill up with water when opened but I don't mind that much and I like the addition of a stopper underneath the twist lid to keep the masque well contained.

The formula is a lovely thick consistency which features a strong floral scent that I adore due to a mixture of macadamia, argan, tea tree and chamomile oil. Whether you choose to leave it on for a few minutes or a long time, the results are fabulous. I always comb my hair through with a tangle teezer while conditioner is still in my hair to get out the many knots but when using this masque there is hardly any need for the tangle teezer as they seem to fall out naturally once this has worked its magic. My hair is left ridiculously soft, healthy looking and smelling delicious. This is great for preventing damage before it happens, and is smoothing and nourishing without weighing down my fine hair. It is also meant to prevent fading of colour treated hair and like the oil it provides UV protection (essential for coloured hair) and reduces the time your hair takes to dry.

It is also available in a squeezy 100ml tube and tester sachets. When my hair is need of TLC and I fancy a pamper this is always the product I reach for and is definitely one of my favourite products of 2013.

What is your favourite product from the Macadamia range? xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is my most favorite hair masque and it's worth every penny, making your hair silky smooth and nourished :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sachet of this and it's lasting for ages as I only use it once every week or two. I absolutely love it and when the sachet runs out hopefully I can afford to buy the full size :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow the link I've put on this post it is on sale at Feel Unique :) There is always somewhere you can find it cheaper xxx

      Delete
  3. does this leave your hair greasy after a day or two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to put hair masks on my scalp - only from about the tops of my ears downwards so I haven't experienced that personally xxx

      Delete
  4. I love Macadamia hair products, they are absolutely amazing! I don't know where I would be without this and the hair oil xxx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oil didn't wow me as much but everything else in the range is amazing xxx

      Delete
  5. Think I may invest I always want to grab some when in tkmaxx ! Xx
    lemonaidlies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw they have the shampoo in TK Maxx at the moment too! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs