Monday 7 October 2013

My Very Late September Favourites


Hi guys, sorry this post is so late I've been meaning to get it up for ages but was waiting for the weather to perk up a bit to take some half decent photographs of the products. They still aren't perfect but seeing as we are heading into the darker months it can't really be helped. If only I had the money for some studio lighting! Anyway, as you can see I have quite a few favourites from the month of September, which are basically all make up related products compared to last month's which were more hair orientated.

001. Bourjois Bronzing Primer: When I first picked this up I used it to warm up my complexion all over my face before popping over a lighter base during the summer. However, I've really started to enjoy using it as a cream contour. I'm no expert in contouring so I find this product makes it really easy to build up the colour and blend in to make a much more natural finish. It's a really handy little pot which has a lot of uses. You can read my full review by clicking on the product name above.

002. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate': I am in love with these paint pot dupes from Maybelline and have nearly all the colours now. I picked up this shade months ago and it has really come into its own now that the seasons have changed. A deep purpley pink with hints of glitter, it looks lovely all over the lid by itself or as primer for similar shades of eye shadows. I can't wait to do a full review of this soon and show you some swatches.

003. MAC MSF in 'Soft and Gentle': I'm already reviewed this in full a while back but it is still a staple in my make up bag. I love it most for evening looks but if applied with a light hand it is beautiful in the day too. A lovely warm toned highlight, it perks up my complexion and completes my look. After pretty much daily use since I got it, the dome has only just flattened so it is great value for money too. Highlighters are one of my favourite make up items (after lipsticks of course) and this is a must have for any collection.


004. Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons: Another Bourjois favourite this month is the recent release of their lip crayons. The concept of these type of products in general is a winner for me, but what pleased me most about Bourjois' offering are the shades which, although limited, are all so pretty, and the super glossy finish. They also last really well and are perfect for day or evening wear. Again I will be putting up a full review with swatches in the near future.

005. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush: Real Techniques are the perfect brand for affordable but fantastic quality make up brushes. While the buffing brush is the star of the core collection this brush in particular is amazing from the eye set as I find it so multi-functional. Not only is it fab for blending and all over colour, the soft dense bristles make it perfect for blending under eye concealer which is now its main use. 

006. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: A long lost favourite from last year, I pulled this out of my foundation box to replace the super light bases of summer. Full coverage that can be sheered out, blendable, matte and long lasting, this is definitley one of my favourite foundations ever. The only negative is the flash back face it gives but for days when flash photography won't be in use this is perfect for long, busy days.

What were your favourites for September? Do you like any of my picks? xxx

1 comment:

  1. Soft and gentle sounds absolutely beautiful I really must try it out one time!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs