Sunday 21 April 2013

Review: Bourjois | Healthy Mix Foundation |


9.99 // 30ml // Shade 52 (Vanilla)

My box of bases has been steadily growing as I like to have one for every occasion (nights out, sunny days, bad skin days, oily days, dehydrated days....etc etc!) and this foundation is one that I had my eye on for a long time. There are two types of this foundation - this is not the serum version but the original one as based on the reviews I read it was more suitable for my skin type (oily/combo)

Most of the reviews I have seen of this are very complimentary so I had high hopes. Although I think it has been rebranded and packaged since I bought it, it still features a see through body which I really like so you can see how much you've got left, has a decent pump and is lightweight for travel. I have the shade 52 (second lightest) which is too dark for me but a good match for a tan and is ok as long as I buff it in fully and blend. As you can see I've used it quite a lot before writing up this post as for a long time I was really on the fence about it.

On first application it is fantastic. It buffs in flawlessly to your skin (I use the RT buffing brush or fingers) with a very natural coverage which is buildable to medium and blurs pores and imperfections wonderfully. The foundation delivers a satin finish which I love as its not too dewy or flat looking. This is great for perking up your skin and definitely delivers radiance and hydration so no need to add liquid highlighter in with it like I normally do. On first impressions I thought this was HG ground!

But unfortunately things go down hill from there. After around 4 hours my skin is very greasy - and not just in the t zone which I'm used to. I also found it oxidises really badly which is terrible for oily girls like myself as it makes the foundation go quite orange and patchy - so in reference to its 16 hour claim it falls dramatically short! 

It is such a shame and I have really tried to persevere with it as on first application it is wonderful! I think it is better suited to dry/normal skin and is great for photos or a short amount of time. However, for long busy days which I normally have it falls short.

 Have you tried this foundation? What is your HG base? xxx

4 comments:

  1. I recently bought this one, and I was too a little disappointed, but it's now my favourite HG foundation - because I found out that mixing it with the Revlon Colourstay foundation makes it 100% better!

    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo good tip! I've just bought the Colourstay actually so will have to give that a go! x

      Delete
  2. Really rate this foundation. However I prefer the serum :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too scared to try the serum coz I didn't like this one too much! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs