Wednesday 26 December 2012

Lifestyle: Harry Potter Tour


A few weeks ago, Matt took me on a surprise trip to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Tour (what a lovely boyfriend I have!) I really like Harry Potter although I'm not as obsessed as other people (I'm looking at you Matt), but I still enjoyed myself so much. I think it is a great trip for all ages and there is so many aspects to it you can spend hours there and really get your moneys worth, which is what we did! 

One of the best aspects of the tour was that you are given a time slot so it is never overcrowded and don't have to queue too long to get into the tour. I won't give too much away in case you would like to experience it yourself, but there are different stages to the tour which keep it interesting: firstly, a cinema experience, then into the great hall and a look at all the sets and props with insights to various aspects of the production etc, then outside sets with a chance to taste some butterbeer, onto prosthetics and special effects, diagon alley, a massive model of hogwarts they used for outside scenes and finally a look into olivander's wand shop. 

The tour reminded me a little of Cadbury world due to the different sections and the many chances for photos! There was so much to look at and enjoy, with my favourite parts being diagon alley, trying some butterbeer (nothing how I thought it would be - see pic above!) and having a look at the inside sets. The gift shop is also AMAZING, there is soooo much choice although it is obviously quite pricey! I really regret not getting a time turner key ring and chocolate frog, but we got a packet of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans (Matt got sick flavour 3 times in a row haha) a big mug for me and a chocolate wand to share.

It was such a lovely afternoon out and something different for us to do together. I really recommend it for all ages and I would even go again! There were loads more pictures but I didn't want to give too much away as you all need to go and experience it for yourselves.

Have you been to this tour? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs