Wednesday 3 October 2012

September Favourites


This post is a little late but nevertheless I wanted to post it because I have enjoyed quite a few bits this month - some which are relatively new purchases and others that I've rediscovered. There is a bit of make up and skincare but no hair products this month! This year has absolutely flown by, I know people say that a lot but  it has definitely been the quickest year for me with lots of ups and downs. I'm really looking forward to Autumn and Winter as I prefer the colder months and hopefully the weather will lead me to finding some great skincare bits appropriate for the coming seasons! Also sorry for the creased covers in the photos but that is what happens when you have a tiny tumble drier and no time to iron bed sheets! Life of a student eh...

Soap and Glory Hocus Focus: I spoke about this and did a mini review when first purchased here. I wasn't too sure on it at the beginning but it has now made it into my every day routine. Since I've been using lighter bases over the past few months, I mix this in and it gives a lovely glow and perks up my face a bit. I wasn't as big a fan when using it with foundations, but mixed with BB creams, tinted moisturiers or used by itself it gives a lovely glow to the face without being iridescent or shiny. I will continue to use it during the colder weather as it stops me looking so tired when getting up for 9ams at uni! It has lasted me such a long time and has been a great investment.

Cosmo Blend Perfection: A review also recently went up of this product so if you want an indepth analysis you can check it out here. A quick summary though is that it is a great dupe for the infamous Beauty Blender and allows thicker bases to look much more like skin rather than a cakey mask. I've enjoyed using this on days when I feel like I need a little more coverage than usual.

Light bases: These are represented by the Stila tinted moisturier and two BB creams in the picture. There are a few more which I'm really enjoying at the moment but it would have been too much to fit in! During Summer I started purchasing lighter bases because when it is sunny I feel that a thick layer of foundation can just look patchy and unflattering, especially with oily skin. I used various lighter bases religiously throughout the warmer months (if you can say they were warmer!) and have enjoyed experimenting to find my favourites.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum: I'm hoping to do a review of this once I've used it for a good couple of weeks. This was gifted to me by my very generous boyfriend as a surprise, which was amazing as I had wanted to get my hands on it for ages but it was just too expensive! It is a luxury to use am so glad it is now a staple in my nightly skincare routine.

MUA Frozen Yogurt: MUA as a brand is one of my favourites on the highstreet. This particular  is a bargain for £1 (!!!) and although it is a very small pot, the formula is really good especially considering the price. I really love the shade and think it will look lovely with some glitter over the top too. I won't go into too much detail as I'm hoping to do a NOTD on it soon, but after using this I would like to try some other colours in their range too.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze': This is my favourite eye product of the moment. I use it at least 3-4 times a week and is such an easy way to bring some depth to your make up. It's great for in a hurry as you can just sweep it over your entire lid and depending on how I'm feeling either just slick on some mascara or wear a cat eye with some liquid liner. I also think the shade is lovely and makes blue eyes pop. I wrote a review on it here.

Soap and Glory Flake Away: I love body scrubs and I also adore Soap and Glory so this is a match made in heaven! I like a scrub to be quite gritty and choose salt and sugar scrubs normally so I can really feel it working. This product smells divine, with the scent lingering on your skin for a good while after and effectively gets rid of old dull skin, leaving a nice residue (even though that isn't a nice word I can't think of a better one!) of oil on your skin so it feels nourished at the same time. It might not be the best to use fake tan straight after but if you use it the day before it will leave a great base for an even tan. I'm looking forward to trying some other scrubs from this brand too as they all look amazing!

What do you think of my favourites this month? Are any of them in yours? xxx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE flake away scrub it s amazing and smells the best out of all of the Soap & Glory scrubs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs