Tuesday 16 October 2012

OOTD: Autumn Leaves When The Grass Is Jewelled...


Does anyone else remember that hymn from primary school? It was one of my favourites that we had to sing in assembly :) Anyway, I thought I would do a simple outfit of the day which is perfect for Autumn/Winter as it is comfy and warm. It is a mixture of more expensive investment pieces such as my Urban Outfitters Parka which I bought in first year and has lasted me so well and goes with everything with cheaper bargain bits such as the jumper from Primark. The jumper is one of my favourite purchases recently as I love thick knitted jumpers, the colour and the detail of the elbow patches - plus it was a bargain for £14! As it is quite a simple outfit I paid attention to detail: the gold stripe down my leggings and the matching pearl headband and earrings which incorporated the gold too. I opted for Uggs on my feet as they are so warm and snuggly but I know people either love or hate them. I thought this look could also be paired with chelsea boots or my aviator style boots that I got from Missguided around 2 years ago. I'm not claiming to be ultra-stylish so I normally shy away from OOTDs but I liked this as a casual outfit and thought it would be a nice idea for other not so fashion concious people to relate to!

What I wore:
* Tan Ugg Boots
* Gold strip leggings from Topsohp
* Jumper with suede elbow patches from Primark
* Green Parka from Urban Outfitters
* Pearl headband from Forever 21
* Pearl stud earrings from Topshop


I went for a simple fresh face with a pop of colour on my lips. Recently I've been testing out the highly raved about Healthy Mix foundation by Bourjois and mixed it with some Hocus Focus (mentioned in my September favourites here) to add even more luminosity to my face. I also used 'rose shine' blush by Fashionista from a 4 quad palette which I recently purchased and will be sure to review soon. It is a lovely light pink that gives a wind bitten flush to the cheeks which is great for autumn/winter.I chose 'Brighton Rock' by Topshop for my lips - a colour and formulation I just can't get enough of and with toned down eyes it makes a lovely daytime look. I didn't do anything to my hair as I've successfully stopped using unecessary heat on my hair, so it was natural waves for me!

Whats on my face:
* Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in '52 Vanille'
* Soap and Glory Hocus Focus
* Benefit Erase Paste in '1 Fair'
* Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in '1 Fair'
* 17 Miracle Matte Pressed Powder
* Fashionista blush in 'Rose Shine'
* Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige (for highlight)
* Bobbi Brown eyeshadow (for brows) in 'Mahogany'
* UD eyeshadow in 'Maui Wowie' all over the lid and a light application of 'Smog' from the Naked Palette in the crease
* Maxfactor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black
* L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black
* Topshop Lipstick in 'Brighton Rock' (swatches here)

Swatched L-R: 'Smog' and 'Maui Wowie'

Thanks to Matt for being a fab photographer ;) What do you think of my outfit? xxx

4 comments:

  1. love the over all outfit. so lovely for A/W really like your style of photo's too so natural an really getting me in the autumn spirit :) xxx


    following xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I don't really see myself as 'fashionable' so feel awkward posing haha x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! stunning girl :)
    I want your jumper <3

    xoxo
    http://www.fasheauty.com
    UK High Street Fashion & Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your lovely comment! The jumper seems pretty popular so I would get yourself down to Primark asap! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs