Wednesday 10 October 2012

In The Nude

Swatched L-R: Revlon lipbutter in 'Creme Brulee' - Topshop lipstick in 'Nevada' - Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in '03'

Every beauty blogger knows that within the sphere of 'beauty' there is always one slight obsession  they have with a particular section whether it be skincare, haircare, bodycare etc... mine is make up at the moment and in particular I can't get enough of lipsticks! Over the summer I expanded my stash quite a lot and with the new additions came these three nudes. 

Before purchasing these lip products I didn't actually own any nudes instead mainly opting for pinks and reds. This all changed though after buying the first of my nudes which was Rimmel's '03' in a blog sale. In relation to the other nudes I have this is the darkest and its great for pulling together an evening/more sophisticated look. I like to wear it if I'm going out for a meal (see this post) or sometimes in the day with a gloss over the top. It is in the 'lasting finish' range by Kate Moss and I can verify it does last a good while on the lips without being drying.

I purchased the shade 'Creme Brulee' around the time the blogging world seemed obsessed with Revlon lipbutters. I've already done a review on what I thought of the actual product (here) so I won't go into too much detail about the formulation. The colour is a browny-nude which is quite sheer and glossy due to the nature of the lipbutters. I really like this and it is great for every day use when I don't want to look too 'done' or if I have heavy make up elsewhere it tones it down a bit and balances out my face. It's really easy to wear so if you are new to nudes I would suggest checking this out.

The final lipstick of the bunch is 'Nevada' which I think just takes first place as my favourite overall. It is a really pretty light shade which can be perfect for day time with just one swipe or layered up for more intensity. It isn't the most universal shade however as its not suitable for all skintones the way 'creme brulee' is more inclined as it is quite pale. If you would like a more detailed opinion then I reviewed it here in a post about my Topshop lipstick collection.

Do you have any favourite nude lipsticks? Have you tried any of the ones mentioned? xxx

4 comments:

  1. great post! i love these shades

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post :D i love a good ol' lipstick, i've never gone full Nude on my lips for some reason, i'm always drawn to a nude/pink shade and one of my all time faves would have to be Creme Cup by MAC :D

    Just stumbled across your blog through Instagram and think it's adorable :D so i'm your newest follower :) hope you'll stop by and take a peek through mine :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I like to put a pinky gloss over them sometimes to stop it going into concealer lip territory haha. I'd love to try that lipstick by MAC!

      How did you find it on instagram if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for following, I'll be sure to check yours out :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs