Thursday 20 September 2012

Review: So Susan Wide Awake Palette

RRP £15 from Jelly Pong Pong

You might have already read my review of the So Susan Lip Cushion which I got along with this palette in a recent Jolie Box. If you have then you would know that I found it really difficult to find information on this particular brand and finally found out that both products are originally by Jelly Pong Pong. The only difference as far as I can see is that the brand's name has changed, as even the packaging is identical. You would also know that I thought the Lip Cushion was rubbish and not worth the money, although I had high hopes for it in the beginning. To cut a long story short, my relationship with this palette is pretty much the same.

When I first received it I thought it was such a generous size for a beauty subscription box and I liked the packaging. It is a thin girly palette which encases a good few products which a multitude of uses making it great for travel... or not as the eyebrow colours smashed ridiculously easily, ruining the other cream products leading me to chuck it in the bin. The kit includes an illuminating cream to hide dark circles, a highlighting cream for your cheeks and brow bones, 3 brow colours and a set of tweezers and a brow brush. All in all my first impressions were great of this product and I was excited to try it out.

Let's start with the tools. The tweezers were useless and the brush looked more like a cheap lip brush rather than one for defining your brows, so in my eyes they were redundant from the beginning. The brow colours were really limited too because two out of the three were glittery... does anyone really go for the glittery eyebrow look? If so, I would like to meet them. Luckily the middle matte colour wasn't too far off a natural colour for my eyebrows and I used it a few times to shape mine naturally and thought the staying power was quite good. However, like I previously said they all smashed after a few uses (and I was being careful with it) so the one redeeming product was gone. The highlighter cream was a difficult texture to work with as the consistency and colour was more of a thick concealer rather than a natural highlight. I tried using this by warming it up loads with my fingers to make it more pliable and with a stippling brush but neither seemed to work well and I ended up rubbing off my base. Lastly we come to the illuminating cream. This wasn't too bad although you definitely would need to use a concealer with it, it did manage to lighten the area slightly and was one of the better products in the palette. 

Overall, I think it is fairly obvious I wasn't impressed with this AT ALL and how it is retailing for £15 is beyond me. Both products from this company seem to be made for children as the quality is comparable to the cheap make up you buy from Claire's. I personally feel you can get much cheaper products from drugstore brands such as Collection, 17 and MUA with much greater quality. Its great that the company are cruelty free and have 'Green commitment' but when a product just isn't up to scratch these features become redundant to me.

Do you think I am being too harsh? Do you think this product deserves it's price tag? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs