Wednesday 5 September 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

RRP £7.99 at Boots

There have been a million and one reviews of this product but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and do one myself as I've had this product for a while and have been meaning to do it for ages. There has been so much hype around Revlon recently, about both this product and the lip butters. My personal preference is definitely for the latter (see my review here). I can't compare these to the Clinique Chubby Sticks as I havn't tried them but it is common knowledge that these are considered a good dupe for them.

I really like the packaging of this product as it is sleek but sturdy, you can easily tell the colour of it in your make up drawer and to get more product you screw the bottom instead of having to look for a sharpener. Although the tube and tip are quite chunky, you can still get precision and it is easy to apply. The actual formula is pretty moisturising when first applied leaving a slight gloss to your lips but I think that fades quite quickly and can feel a little sticky. It also gives a tingle sensation that I really like and smells kind of minty/soily which I know some people hate but I don't mind as it wears off quite quickly.  I also think that although it is meant to be a stain it doesn't actually last as long as I would like.

As always, the colour selection is greater in America but I guess that is just something we have to get used to in the UK. I have the shade 'Cherish Devotion' and think it is an easy to wear soft pink that is great for the day, offering something a little different to the 'my lips but better' daytime pinks I already have. I would also wear this in the evening if I was wearing a heavier eye. Another aspect I like is that you can build up the opaqueness on your lips from a slight wash of colour to a bolder, brighter shade. Other shades that I have my eye on are 'Honey' as a lovely every day neutral and 'Lovesick' as we all know how much I love my bright pinks!

Although this product hasn't wowed me as much as the lip butters, I still enjoy using it as I love all in one products which are easy to pop in your handbag and use on the go with little fuss. It offers something different formula and packaging-wise to my many other lip products so I am pleased I bought it.

Have you tried this lip product from Revlon? What shades are your favourite? Do you know of any other Chubby Stick dupes? xxx

EDIT: I have also reviewed the shade 'Crush' here. (23/9/13)

4 comments:

  1. i bought this in the shade 'crush' which is a berry tone, i like it but it hasn't blown me away! great post


    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i've just launched a brand new giveaway where you can win a MAC lipstick and a set of 5 models own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that colour and have been tempted by it! x

      Delete
  2. Wow I may have to get one now!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend picking up your fave shade first to test it out, but they are a lovely product :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs