Saturday 14 July 2012

Review: Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer

  
 
 
RRP: £6.99 at Boots


Normally I am not one for wearing bronzer because of the risk of being heavy handed and looking like a patchy orange. However, I have seen a few reviews of this product, and due to it being summer and all I decided to pick up one from Boots while getting a few other bits and bobs (see that haul here). 

I've been really pleasantly surprised with this product and have ended up using it most days. First of all the packaging is great - its a bit different to other bronzers and powders I have seen due to opening up like a book, which I like, and as it is sleek and compact it is good for popping in your handbag. Upon opening it up it looks like a bar of chocolate which is reflected by the picture on the front of the packaging (a definite plus point for a chocolate lover like me) and it smells really lovely too - not of chocolate but of a sweet, powdery scent.

I got it in number 51 which I think is the medium colour, but the only one available in Boots that I saw. I find the colour great for pale skin as it gives a light wash of colour leaving your face looking more glowy and sunkissed than caked and orange. As the powder is so light in texture and the colour is quite flattering, I think even the most heavy handed of people would have a hard time over doing it with this. It states that the powder is 'filled with glints of sunshine' and has an 'ultra-soft texture' both of which I totally agree with. The product is a pleasure to use and boosts the radiance of my face, which is great as some bronzers can make people's complexions rather flat and dull when they are too dark and heavy. I apply this with my buffer brush and buff it in well all over my face, and whether over a BB cream or foundation it gives a lovely finish without being patchy.

What other bronzers would you recommend? Have you tried this? What are your thoughts on it? xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one! Make sure to check back or subscribe for email updates as I always reply, especially if it is a question. xxx

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs